- Poor Execution by the Mets in failing to get Reyes home after his leadoff triple in the bottom of the first. Wright made up for it with a nice RBI double down the line in the third; the Mets are now 27 (change)-7 in games in which Reyes scores a run... and have won 15 of the last 16 games in which he's scored. Reyes fell a double short of the cycle after Angel Pagan missed the cycle by a HR last night. Jose is now hitting .346 in June, and has scored 18 runs and stolen 7 bases in 19 games. It's safe to say he's starting to get healthy, and it's great to have him back.
- It's really fun to watch Jeff Francoeur sometimes. Others, like when he struck out on a slider that was literally 4 feet off the plate and in the dirt in the 2nd inning tonight? Not so awesome. Frenchy has been swinging at a whopping 42.8% of pitches outside the zone this year, second in the majors to Vlad Guerrero. Despite his free-swinging reputation, this is the worst number of his career, as he'd never had a chase percentage over 36.7% coming into this year. Would be great if HoJo could get in his head and just make a minor tweak there.
- Why does Manuel continue to make such terrible decisions with the bullpen? Dickey's thrown 1 complete game shut out in his career, and Manuel takes him out up 5-0 after throwing 97 pitches and easily retiring 13 in a row? The guys a knuckleballer for crying out loud!! It's little things like that which are the reason I truly feel that despite the Mets' success this season they do not like Jerry very much. I understand you just want to get K-Rod some work - but why couldn't he come in last night with a 8 run lead? Why does he have to "get some work in" at the expense of a special moment in Dickey's career? You can bet your ass that if Dickey was one of Manuel's "gangstas" he would have been out there for the 9th.
- Ike Davis has hit safely in 8 of the past 9 games, and has raised his average nearly 20 points in that span. However, his selectiveness at the plate is becoming a concern - after walking 22 times against 38 K's in April and May, he's now walked only 3 times against 20 K's in the month of June. Certainly an unsettling trend worth keeping an eye on.
- Hopefully Angel Pagan will be ok, according to Jerry it was only a minor muscle spasm and he's going to be day to day. He's become such an integral part of this team I can't imagine having him out for any sustained period of time, at least not til Beltran comes back.
The Mets go for their third sweep in their last 4 series tomorrow at Citi Field as Hisanori Takahashi takes on near-perfect Armando Galarraga at 7:10 PM. Until then, I'll leave you to come up with your own reasons why being a met fan sucks.